The Perfect Comfort Food: O’Charley’s Loaded Potato Soup
When it comes to comfort food, few things can beat a warm and hearty bowl of potato soup. And if you’ve ever been to O’Charley’s, you know that their loaded potato soup is in a league of its own. But what if you could recreate that deliciousness in the comfort of your own kitchen? Well, now you can with this copycat O’Charley’s loaded potato soup recipe!
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until softened.
- Add the flour to the pot and stir until well combined with the butter and onion mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth, making sure to break up any lumps of flour. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the diced potatoes to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- In a separate saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Gradually whisk the hot milk into the potato mixture. Continue to simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the shredded cheddar cheese until melted and smooth.
- Stir in the sour cream until well combined.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with crumbled bacon and sliced green onions.
And there you have it! Your very own homemade version of O’Charley’s loaded potato soup. This recipe is sure to warm you up on a cold day and satisfy all your comfort food cravings.
Feel free to customize this recipe to your liking. You can add extra toppings like shredded cheese, chopped chives, or even a dollop of sour cream. Serve it with a side of crusty bread or a fresh salad for a complete meal.
Remember, the key to a good potato soup is using high-quality ingredients. Fresh potatoes, real cheese, and crispy bacon will take this soup to the next level. So don’t skimp on the good stuff!
Whether you’re a fan of O’Charley’s or just love a good bowl of potato soup, this copycat recipe is a must-try. It’s easy to make, delicious, and will have you coming back for seconds. So grab your apron and get cooking!